We are WA’s only surf school who specialises in teaching families ‘Surf Together Bond For Life‘
- We live and breathe the surfing lifestyle, we have two little boys of our own so we UNDERSTAND kids
- We have the most advanced coaching system in WA, we have 10 levels similar to swimming
- We bring out the absolute best in your kids and create confidence by supporting & challenging them
- Our head coach Patrick is one of WA’s most experienced level 2 instructors and coaches at State level
- We are the WA experts at teaching ocean confidence and safety to children,
- Our beach is the safest and the best location to do surfing lessons in Perth WA
- We create a fantastic healthy environment where your kids can find healthy, active positive role-models
- We create a safe environment for kids to RISK , useful for those energetic boys!
- We encourage parent participation – so we can empower parents with knowledge so they can be involved
“By taking the time to do surfing with your family you are giving the gift of your time, your attention and a love of being active. Surfing also builds confidence in kids and having a solid foundation in surfing can get them through other trying moments they have in their lives. Surfing participation is correlated with a lower incidence of drug use, success in school and higher self-esteem”.
“Surfing with Big Wave Surf School for Indigo has been the most rewarding and exhilarating experience for Indigo. When she first attended, Indigo had never been in waves before, had never been dumped and was very very nervous. Now, two years on, Indigo will happily head into the surf, can spot a rip, can surf well and will even head out to the green waves on a good day. Indigo adores surfing – it has become her passion. She wants to surf all the time. And better still, she is far more interested in being fit and healthy than ever before. The coaches have been brilliant. Pat & Lauren show so much patience and encouragement and both really know how to challenge the kids in such a fun and safe environment. We will be surfing with Big Wave for years to come” Tash Mackenzie 2013